- Tax Questions
- [FIX] IRS Get My Payment Error You Don't Have Permission To Access
how to fix an error you are getting in the get my payment website , Last Updated: Sun Mar 14, 2021
Sun Mar 14, 2021
This is a simple page to show you what you can do to fix an error you might be getting at the IRS GetMyRefund page.
When you visit the IRS GetMyRefund page you will need the following information:
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN)
You will need to enter your 9 digit Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
- Date of Birth
Enter your Date of Birth in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Street Address
Enter your Street Address in "123 Main St NW #7" format. Do not enter City/Town or State.
- ZIP or Postal Code (* Required except for countries without ZIP or postal codes)
Enter your 5 digit ZIP or Postal Code.
After you submit your information, you get this error:
You don't have permission to access
To solve this error, I tried the following fixes:
- Do not user Firefox. Use another browser. Try using Chrome or Edge
- Make sure your browser is the latest version
- Reboot your computer and try again
- Warning; Be aware that you only get three login attempts for each day. If you have exceeded the loging attemps, for security pursposed, you will be locked out.
- VPN. Make sure you are not using a VPN with a foreign country as the host country. Disable your VPN or set it up for USA.
- Firewall - Check that your firewall settings are allowing port 80 traffic both ways.
- Check that you have internet connection. This is an abvious one, if you are reading this page, then you DO have internet connection, so you are OK.